daily diet

:: Nutrition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

daily diet

Post  Newman on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 am

Any new ideas or suggestions for a breakfast substitute? I am kinda getting sick of eggs, and I think I am eating too many grainy carbs throughout the day. Any help?
Newman

http://highschool.shs.k12.ny.us/HS_Teacher_Pages/newmann/home%20

Back to top Go down

Re: daily diet

Post  darin on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:48 am

Instead of hitting the snack machine bring a load of fruit and nuts for your daytime snack. They're better for you and they are real food not edibles.
darin

http://www.darins.net

Back to top Go down

diet

Post  Newman on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Darin,
I do all of that, but in the morning I have been settling for a PB and J sandwich or something, but ten I eat a wrap for lunch. I eat 6-8 servings of fruit/veggies a day. I was just wondering if there was a better choice for breakfast that wasn't eggs. Does that help?
Newman

http://highschool.shs.k12.ny.us/HS_Teacher_Pages/newmann/home%20

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm kind of sick of eggs too, and they're a pain in the ass to clean up after cooking.

I've been going with deli ham for breakfast lately. Wegman's has this great peppered ham they just started selling. I usually have it with a bit of their horseradish mustard. Other times I go with whatever protein I have left over from dinner the night before. If I'm in a hurry some chocolate whey protein powder in milk (GNC's 100% tastes pretty good), but I've been trying to go Paleo, so not so much anymore.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  kristen on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:08 am

My favorite breakfast is low fat small curd cottage cheese with strawberries, grapes and melon mixed in. But because my budget took a hit given the time of year, I have only been mixing it with grapes. I eat it every day with about 9 almonds. Oatmeal is also a good breakfast and is filling. Both suggestions are extremly easy to prepare in the morning. In fact, I always measure out all my food the night before. I eat breakfast when I get to work so it's very convienent.

kristen

Back to top Go down

Post  CJB on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 pm

cottage is the heat. love it. like kristen said, mix in some fruits and maybe some honey, or some cinnamon and some walnuts...fantastic.

i have also been eating greek yogurt lately. i think stoneyfield farms make some called Oikos and then another company called Fage makes it. both in the organic cooler at wegmans i believe. its thicker, richer, has more protein and less fat in proportion to the richness of it.
CJB

Back to top Go down

Post  zach t on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:11 pm

drew, is ham ok on the paleo? i was under the idea that it wasnt?

ya CJ the greek yogurt is great, but you pay out of the ass for it. Plus ive cut all dairy so my days of snacking on yogurt or cottage cheese are ovaaa. Oh god how i will miss them Sad
zach t

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:39 pm

No zach, I don't think it is. I'm in a similar predicament with finding something to eat in the mornings that goes along with Paleo.

The Paleo for Atheletes book has an example day where the breakfast protein is listed as broiled salmon. I'm kind of poor, but otherwise I'm kind of sold on that idea.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  RedHeaded_Stepchild on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:28 am

I might be wrong, but if bacon is paleo, then why isn't ham?
RedHeaded_Stepchild

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top