Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Articles for discussion

4 posters

:: General

Go down

Articles for discussion Empty Articles for discussion

Post  Dave Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post thoughts and insights.
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Articles for discussion Empty human or android

Post  zach t Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Dave, i'm going to go with human. Yes some human being are naturally engineered to preform better in certain sports, and with hard work dedication and extreme conditioning, some of these atheletes peak there proformance. But before you even bring steriods into the picture, these people that are on the top of there game are for the most part EXTREMELY discipline and can preform at a very high level even without the anabolic steriods and other enhancers. Ya Micheal Phelps has a 14 foot wings span and his body doesnt produce lactic acid and blah blah blah blah. But just do the math, with reletivly 7 million people on the face of the earth there has got to be another being just like him, that unfortunatly does not have the incredible oppurtunity that Micheal had. Thats why I say elite atheletes are human, they not only need to be genetic freaks, but they also have to be coached. An android to my understanding is just a mass produced robot. HUMANS have daily choices to make, like am I going to go balls to the wall in the pool today? Am i gonna take a hit of that gravity bong? Androids are programmed, they have no alternatives. There was another case of a female track and feild star that failed a gender test and was stripped of her metals. Shes tried to commit suicide numerous times and it has ruined her life. Its a good question, but I truely beleive that when you take away the drugs and the awesome genetics you still need an amazing amount of persistance and fortitude to suceed. Last time I told me roomba to work harder it hit me in the toe. Oww.
zach t
zach t

Back to top Go down

Articles for discussion Empty Re: Articles for discussion

Post  Nik Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:26 pm

zach, line breaks are your friend... king

Last edited by Nik on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nik
Nik
Admin

https://crossfitbuffalo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  zach t Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:28 pm

nik, commas are yours.....
zach t
zach t

Back to top Go down

Post  higley Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:39 pm

This article screams crossfit. We are not about specialization, we are about generalization. Sure, she can run. What's her Fran time? Can she snatch? Do a muscle up? No? Then her race time is amazing, agreed, but it is also a limitation to her overall performance. Fitness is not solely measured by running. I bet if I challenged her to a few rounds of asshole, I'd kick her ass. Lets see how fit her kidneys and liver are...
higley
higley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down