Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muscle Milk, HGH, PROTEINNN!!!

+4
Dave
CJB
zach t
chick
8 posters

:: Nutrition

Go down

Muscle Milk, HGH, PROTEINNN!!! Empty Muscle Milk, HGH, PROTEINNN!!!

Post  chick Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:56 am

Where's the God D--- Protein Mom!? I'm having a hard time getting in my protein. I rarely eat meat, but my new eating habits require I eat a ton of it. I'm going to suck it up this weekend and buy some boneless skinless chicken breast (big step for me!) Any suggestions on how to cook/store it/buy it? aka any brands better than any other? I've never bought meat before.

Right now I get my protein primarily from the cup or so of nuts/seeds I eat every day. I am starting to think this is too much to be eating because of the high fat content. Any comments?

I guess blood type O's aren't supposed to eat a lot of eggs, but I usually make eggs on the weekend for some extra protein. I don't eat the yolk because it tastes bad and it has cholesterol. I also don't know how to cook eggs any other way than taking the yolks out. Is this a problem? Where is the most of the protein anyway?

confused
chick
chick

Back to top Go down

Muscle Milk, HGH, PROTEINNN!!! Empty Re: Muscle Milk, HGH, PROTEINNN!!!

Post  zach t Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:40 am

well, not that i know anything about anything but heres the problem with muscle milk. If your trying to go paleo, this is not gonna be helpful, muscle milk uses whey protein. I buy wegmans brand boneless skinless chicken breast and just cook it in a pan with some sprays of olive oil pan greaser and some water. i put a cover on the pan to let it cook through and it comes out looking like boiled chicken. Does it taste awesome? No. But its all I have to work with now. At home i utilize the grill as much as I can, so the chicken comes out looking char broiled and ready for a picnic. But alas, no grill in the dorms. As far as eggs, there dairy too. Andrew informed me that the paleo diet allows about a half dozen eggs a week, which i have found is pretty standard in most diets and many online forums suggest the same. Heres the breakdown of nutrients of whites and yolks

Egg White Egg Yolk
Calories 17 59
Fat (g) . 06 4.51
Saturated Fat (g) 0 1.6
Carbs (g) .24 .61
Protein (g) 3.6 2.7
Cholesterol (mg) 0 210

what this fails to show is the higher sodium content of an egg white, and the higher folate, vitamen D, and calcium content in an egg yolk.

For a fast way to prepare eggs and eating them on the go, hardboiled. Again, rather bland tasting but take a little bit of hot sauce, or maybe even ketchup and you have yourself a treat. If you dont know how to hardboil an egg my best advice is youtube it. Hope this stuff helps
zach t
zach t

Back to top Go down

Post  CJB Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:52 am

Emily,

The best way we've found to get chicken is go to Wegmans and buy the club pack of boneless/skinless chicken breasts. It costs WAY less per pound versus buying it in the smaller packages. Also make sure you buy a bunch of ziplock bags. If you have a good size freezer, package up the chicken breasts by placing however many you eat/cook at 1 time into 1 plastic bag, then double bag to prevent freezer burn. Do this for the entire package. This way, you can just take out your single serving bag a day early, let it defrost in your fridge and then cook.

On the subject of eggs, we have found it worthwhile to buy organic eggs because of the better ratio of omegas in them. read this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
CJB
CJB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:40 am

Emily,

As far as the eggs go use the whole egg. We can discuss in detail why when you come in but zach is on the right track with it as well as CJ.

For the chicken. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. You basically have three options on how to cook it. Bake it, grill, it, or pan fry/saute' it. If you do not have a grill your options are obviously simpler. Outside of that seasonings and marinades are your friend. Anything really goes and just figure out what you like and keep stuff on hand for making rubs and marinades so that you don't feel stuck eating the same type over and over. I can give you some of my favorites or if you really want to have a nervous breakdown type chicken recipes into google and you will be confronted with tens of thousands of options. Cooking is really not that hard but is intimidating to alot of people so if you are not sure how to really do it you are not alone but we can easily fix that.

Off the top of my head here is one of my favorite go to chicken recipes and will last you prob for a few days:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast. Cut into about 1 inch cubes.
1 can low sodium chicken broth. I like Swanson organic. No MSG
1 can stewed tomatos.
1 small red onion chopped
two cloves of fresh garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp tumeric
3/4 tsp dried basil
3/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp corriander
1 bay leaf

pre heat oven to 375

Mix everything together in a casserole. cover and bake for 1 hour.
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RedHeaded_Stepchild Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:07 am

Emily - I am making these paleo chicken fingers tomorrow, but this is really easy to do with boneless skinless breasts, and you feel like you are eating real chicken fingers!

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into fingers or tenderloins
1 egg, beaten
½ cup almond flour
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp dry mustard powder (optional)
¼ - ⅓ cup coconut oil or evoo
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Heat the oil a large pan over medium-high heat (but closer to medium than to high – you don't want the almond flour to burn).

Put the beaten egg in one bowl and the almond flour plus seasonings into another bowl. Dip each chicken finger in egg, then in the almond flour mixture.

Cook the chicken in 2 batches until it is golden
RedHeaded_Stepchild
RedHeaded_Stepchild

Back to top Go down

Post  chick Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:38 am

thanks for all the replies! very much appreciated Laughing

I'll let you know when I attempt one of these things!
chick
chick

Back to top Go down

Post  Diana21 Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:32 am

Was reading this and decided to look into the blood type diet. I'm an O.. which I find to be interesting since it coincides with Paleo quite well! I'm just a little concerned because I'm starting to feel weird, craving carbs and salt.. but feeling nauseous for the past few days. I have been eating pork (lean) which it says not to, but doubt that that has anything to do with it. Everything else was in moderation (balancing carbs, fats, and protein, eating upwards of 120gs protein/day, around 40+ grams of fat and low on the fruit/veggie carbs) until I had some high sodium chicken noodle soup 2x in the past 3 days, a shit ton of chocolate in one day, which I am so over because the whole time I thought I wanted it, but again, no real response craving wise, and popcorn here and there. Everything else is normal, but I can't quite figure this out.. I'll talk to Dave tomorrow. Oh and Burger King, which also made the nausea hang around.. just can't seem to get rid of it! Sad I'm about to cut the alcohol cold turkey as well. This is ridiculous. Three days straight. Even though I haven't met Pukie, I feel like he's taken permanent residence in my stomach on a very constant low level. scratch
Diana21
Diana21

Back to top Go down

Post  ChuckP Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Diana,

You are simply not eating enough fat for a paleo diet. I suggest with researching on robb wolfs site to gain some knowledge on the paleo or talk to dave, hubie, or myself. You are not getting enough calories to provide youself with a benefit of a low carb diet. That's why the cravings are taking place.
ChuckP
ChuckP

Back to top Go down

Post  kristen Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:40 am

Emily- post your email address. I have some links you might like that I just came accross. Very interesting.
kristen

Back to top Go down

Post  chick Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Kristen,

My email is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you go to world gym by any chance? Just curious, I need someone to wod with because I won't dare do it alone!
chick
chick

Back to top Go down

Post  kristen Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:06 am

I'll email you tomorrow with my info. from where I'm working out to the websites. And yes, we shall hook up and wod at one of these ridiculous gyms Smile
kristen

Back to top Go down

Post  Diana21 Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Finally am back on here.. Paleo is working out for me.. definitely cut down the protein and upped the fat.. very nice, results are awesome! Thanks Chuck Smile
Diana21
Diana21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down