Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

juicing vegetables

5 posters

:: Nutrition

Go down

juicing vegetables Empty juicing vegetables

Post  chick Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:31 pm

I've come to the conclusion that cutting up/peeling/washing/storing vegetables is a bitch, so I'm look at taking another approach. I think I will ask Santa to bring me a nice big juicer this year, and if I happen to find one under my tree on christmas day, I am going to throw a bunch of random vegetables in there and slam it down like a fat kid chugs mcdonalds milkshakes =P. I'm wondering if I can make this at the beginning of the week and keep it in the fridge to pull out for dinner every day, but I have a feeling that it will go bad or something. Anyone have any suggestions/comments?
chick
chick

Back to top Go down

juicing vegetables Empty Re: juicing vegetables

Post  Dennis Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Yo cant, they say you gotta drink it in a hurry too or else the good shit breaks down. Cleaning out the juicer is also something you gotta do.
Dennis
Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Dennis is right about it going bad and time wise it is less time consuming to cut and eat than to juice and clean. Juicing is not bad for you but can also be overdone. You are getting rid of the fiber which is incredibly important and usually lacking in most peoples diets as well. I am not saying don't get one but it is not gonna solve your whole issue.
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChuckP Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Sorry Emily, I'm going to sound like a dick and I usually bust your balls so I hope you don't take offense to this. Don't be so damn lazy! Dave hit the nail on the head and there could be even more explained to prove it's a bad idea. Sorry to all that have been posting things and I've had a negative response to ideas and such, but I'd just like you guys to succeed and set yourself up to be on a easy and managable life style, not a temporary diet.

Aside from removing all the fiber and properties of the bulk that vegetables are supposed to provide us to feel full and keep us satisfied for a few hours until our next "feeding." By liquifying your meal, you're going to create a massive insulin spike in your blood because of how rapid the "drink" is going to be digested and absorbed in turn creating a huge hunger curve, and you will end up crashing and wanting to eat sweets, grains, or something very carb heavy. I don't just mean wanting either your body will actually crave it because of the lack of satiety that you feel. If you had gastric bypass and simply coulndn't take in the veggies because of the limitation I'd say sure great idea, but the mere fact that NO ONE in our gym is that over weight to take drastic measures like that, juicing is an extremely bad choice and we need to learn time managemnt skills.
ChuckP
ChuckP

Back to top Go down

Post  chick Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:04 pm

thanks for the feedback. i don't take offense to what you guys say, i ask because i trust your judgment and i look forward to hearing what you have to say...but for the record, i'm not F'ing lazy!! I like doing all that stuff because i know it's making me healthy. I'm just annoyed that it's finals week and i have to compromise and sacrifice one thing for another, and i sure as hell need to spend more time with school because i've been putting so much time and effort into my health. sad but true. off to study, hopefully i can make it in next week but still not sure. Suspect
chick
chick

Back to top Go down

Post  zach t Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:05 pm

i mean come on emily. Did the cavemen have juicers? haha
zach t
zach t

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content